Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Amsterdam, here I come!



Hubby had to go to Amsterdam for a conference, and I had the opportunity to join him for a few days, so I did!

That wednesday 31 October started sunny in Wabern, but Berne Airport was suffering from heavy fog: departure delayed! So instead of 11.10h departure, it was 12.50h when my plane took off. While waiting in the departure hall, an airport employee was noticed running around outside wearing pink butterfly wings, a pink skirt and striped tights??? And as you can see in the picture, the 70-seat plane was loaded with only 10 people....

"SKYWORK, your personal way to fly....."
from Berne Airport to Schiphol Airport
It was a short train ride from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Centraal Station, but then I couldn't find the tram that would give me a ride to the hotel. No wonder, it was blocking the Damrak as it was involved in a traffic accident just a few minutes ago. Nothing very serious, but traffic jam as a result. So I deceided to hike to my destination, not that much of a distance, but when you are pulling a suitcase over these cobble stones....

Hans & I had dinner at a lovely Indonesian restaurant: Sampurna. We were there very early for dinner, so in my pictures the place seems empty, I can assure you this place is full from 18:00h on until late!!! We had one of their lovely rijsttafels:

Sampurna Restaurant
We decided to replace the sate kambing (goat) with rendang (beef). It was all very spicy and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment