Monday, September 30, 2013

Visiting the Bonneville Salt Flats and Wendover Historic Airfield

On my way to the Bonneville Salt Flats, a two hour drive from Salt Lake City. A photo impression.

sightseeing stop along the I-80

my loyal 4wd companion needed a drink
no ice, this is SALT
SALT

I would not do this to my dog.......

salt cristals on a stone

on the Salt Flats (not my car!)

Bonneville Speedway

Historic Wendover Airfield
I bought a new lens for my Nikon camera, a 50mm 1.8g and it is simply fantastic. I just had to play with it on board this old plane:












historic control tower at Wendover
 I made a quick photostop on my way back to SLC:

wild horses?

wild horses?? snakes??? scorpions????
BIG red ants!!

on my way back to SLC

short stop at the Morton Salt Production





1 comment:

  1. Hello, It has been way too long since we'e connected. I love your posts. It has been too long since I have looked at your blog. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete